Teaching at Dostoevsky Omsk State University
We are glad that you’ve chosen Dostoevsky Omsk State University. Mostly all of the courses in the University are taught in Russian. Nevertheless, some departments if they have foreign language instructors and language speakers offer students special courses or lectures in English, German, French, and Spanish. These are School of International Business, Departments of Foreign languages and History.
If you want to teach at our university and have Diplomas verifying your qualification, please, write us an e-mail and attach application, Curriculum Vitae, scanned passport, academic credentials to your letter. Furthermore, please, provide us with the information on topics you could and would like to lecture (foreign language instruction or instruction in some disciplines), areas you specialize in, wages for instruction, place of living during your stay in Omsk, period of stay.
Some faculties of the university might be interested in your offer. Your inquiry concerning teaching will be forwarded to the departments to consider and discuss their interest. We’ll inform you about the possibilities of instruction at OmSU.
In case one of the departments is interested in you as instructor the University would be glad to accept you.
If you are going to teach at Dostoevsky Omsk State University, you’ll need Russian entrance visa. You must apply for the visa at a visa department of Russian Consulate in your country.
Invitation from Dostoevsky Omsk State University gives legal grounds to apply for visa. Preparation of invitation takes not less than 1 month. So you should apply for study or instruction not later than 2 or 3 months before arrival.
To start the arrangement of invitation letter for Russian teaching visa, we need:
· a scanned copy of a front page of your valid passport with vital data (including the prolongation stamp, if your passport has been extended). You can send it via e-mail email@example.com.
· List of disciplines you could teach or topics you could lecture
· 800 roubles (state duty for invitation preparation)1
· Faculty’s interest to accept a foreign instructor2
· vaccination data (measles, diphtheria), photoroentgenoraphy
1. State duty for invitation preparation is paid by the applicant or receiving department.
2. When receiving an inquiry concerning teaching it is forwarded to the departments to consider and discuss their interest.
The original of the invitation will be send to you via mail or express mail (it is paid separately by the foreigner). Cost of express-mail delivery varies depending on the country.